[Libs-Or] FW: Transform your library's image with upcoming PLA webinar!

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Tue May 3 11:32:22 PDT 2011

For information about the webinar, see the email below or go to http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/pla/elearningatpla/plawebinars/transform0511.cfm.

If you have questions, please contact PLA at plawebinars at ala.org<mailto:plawebinars at ala.org> or 800-545-2433 ext. 5PLA (5752).

FYI,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Library Development
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR  97301-3950
503-378-5011
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us>

From: Public Library Association [mailto:pla at ala.org]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 12:29 PM
To: Jennifer Maurer
Subject: Transform your library's image with upcoming PLA webinar!

 Public Library Webinar Series presented by PLA

[http://ala.informz.net/ala/data/images/pla/chess_piece_transform.jpg]

Transforming Our Image
Updated and Expanded!

May 18, 2011
 1:00-3:00 p.m. CDT

Instructor: Valerie Gross, President & CEO, Howard County (Md.) Library

When PLA hosted the first "Transforming Our Image" webinar in November 2010, it was a huge hit. We're pleased to have Valerie Gross back to present an extended version of "Transforming Our Image"<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0xNDcxNzk2JnA9MSZ1PTEwMjAwMTYxNDEmbGk9NjQyNDAxNQ/index.html> -- including a segment that helps participants implement this library-changing concept.

WORDS make the difference.

Learn about a simple, effective strategy that will make you, your library, and your profession indispensible. It does not require changing anything you do...only modifying what you say.

Based on Valerie Gross' award-winning article, Transforming Our Image through Words That Work: Perception Is Everything (Public Libraries, Volume 48, Number 5 (2009): 24-32), this webinar will describe a straightforward concept that enables libraries to heighten their importance by replacing traditional terms with powerful, intuitive, value-enhanced terminology.

At the conclusion of the webinar, you will have gained the skills and confidence to:

  *   Redefine libraries in a new, innovative way
  *   Align your library with what the community values most: education
  *   Heighten your library's visibility and stature
  *   Develop strategies that you can integrate immediately into your work
  *   Introduce the philosophy and strategic vocabulary concepts to staff, Board, elected officials, Friends/Foundation Board, customers, community, and the media.

Click here for a full description of the webinar and instructor Valerie Gross.<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0xNDcxNzk2JnA9MSZ1PTEwMjAwMTYxNDEmbGk9NjQyNDAxNQ/index.html>

CHANGE the dialogue at your library.

Register for PLA's "Transforming Our Image"<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0xNDcxNzk2JnA9MSZ1PTEwMjAwMTYxNDEmbGk9NjQyNDAxNQ/index.html> webinar, Wednesday, May 18, 2011, at 1:00 p.m. (CDT). Please note: this is a two-hour webinar.

PLA Members - $28.00
ALA Members - $31.50
Nonmembers - $35.00

REGISTER HERE!<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0xNDcxNzk2JnA9MSZ1PTEwMjAwMTYxNDEmbGk9NjQyNDAxNg/index.html>

The deadline to register for this webinar is 4:30 p.m. CDT on Monday, May 16.

[http://ala.informz.net/ala/data/images/pla/pla_purplebstreso.jpg]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0xNDcxNzk2JnA9MSZ1PTEwMjAwMTYxNDEmbGk9NjQyNDAxNw/index.html>

50 E. Huron St., Chicago, IL 60611   *   (800) 545-2433 x5PLA   *   pla at ala.org<mailto:pla at ala.org>

[Share on Facebook]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0xNDcxNzk2JnA9MSZ1PTEwMjAwMTYxNDEmbGk9NjQyNDAxOA/index.html>[Shared on Twitter]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0xNDcxNzk2JnA9MSZ1PTEwMjAwMTYxNDEmbGk9NjQyNDAxOQ/index.html>
[Informz for iMIS]<http://pod4.informz.net/z/cmVkOC5hc3A_dT0xMDIwMDE2MTQxJm1pPTE0NzE3OTYmbD0x/index.html>

[http://ala.informz.net/z/cmVkNi5hc3A_bWk9MTQ3MTc5NiZ1PTEwMjAwMTYxNDEmYj00MDUz/image.gif]