[Libs-Or] Register NOW! Oregon VR Summit is Fast Approaching!

Emily Ford fordemily at gmail.com
Mon May 23 09:42:44 PDT 2011

**please excuse cross postings**The 6th ANNUAL Oregon Virtual Reference
Summit is FAST APPROACHING!

* *

*Watch the Trailer and Register TODAY! http://www.oregonlibraries.net/summit
*

*
This is a One-Day Conference with Registration @ ONLY $50.00

*

*Covered in registration costs:*

·        Beauty and Discovery ~ set at the majestic and scenic Colombia
Gorge Discovery Center

·        Morning Pastries and Fruit with beverages (coffee, tea, hot cocoa)

·        Soup & Salad Bar Lunch ~ Fresh assorted greens, hard boiled eggs,
ham and turkey, fresh fruit and vegetables, potato salad, pasta salad,
assorted cheeses, sunflower seeds and croutons, served with your choice of
soup and fresh baked breadsticks (vegetarian/vegan options available)

·        Afternoon Snack and Dessert

·        Opportunities to meet with speakers, learn about trends in
Reference and Technology, gain practical knowledge

     ·       Chances to catch up and meet new colleagues

Exploring the evolving state of library services, information access, and
reference, this year’s conference will address the technologies, strategies,
and issues concerning the future success and efficiency of libraries of all
types across the nation.

A few things to look forward to at this year’s conference:

·        Keynote Speaker,* **Jessamyn West* <http://jessamyn.com/>* *author
of *Without a Net: Librarians Bridging the Digital Divide* * *

*·        Hear from students – how they use technology, and how we can
better serve them!*

·        Have fun and reaffirm our service guidelines, service philosophy
and best practices in our peer review session:
“What is the composition of Martian soil?” or, What we can learn from
memorable transcripts?

·        Resources and Digital Archives you can use shared in our Gems of
the Pacific Northwest session

·        More than 10 super-fast and savvy Lightning Talks to get you
thinking and moving to provide better services!

·        The Digital Divide ~ A participatory discussion led by Jessamyn
West and our very own Caleb Tucker-Raymond

·        Mobile, embedded and online – a program addressing how we meet
patron needs ~ includes Reader’s Advisory guidance!

·        AND MORE!!!

*JOIN YOUR COLLEAGUES FOR THIS SPECIAL EVENT.***

*Become a Facebook Fan.  ***

*<http://www.facebook.com/pages/L-net-Oregon-Libraries-Network/278527496534>
*

*Join us on Twitter. *