[Libs-Or] Reading is an Investment Has Begun

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Mon Oct 31 16:57:47 PDT 2011

Hi,

If you offer children's programming or services at your library, you may be interested in Reading is an Investment, a program designed to promote literacy and financial education among K-5 elementary students in Oregon. Further explanation and details are below, but I wanted to note that there are several ways you could promote this at the public library:

*         Create a display of some of the books on the recommended reading list, which was updated over the summer.

*         Post about the program on your website.

*         Have printed reading lists and/or reading logs on hand.

*         Promote the program with the homeschooling community.

*         Focus a storytime or two on books that deal with money or finances.

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant