[Libs-Or] Job Opportunity w/Multnomah County Library

Johnette Easter johnette at multcolib.org
Mon Sep 19 16:47:10 PDT 2011

*NEIGHBORHOOD LIBRARIES ADMINISTRATOR*

*SALARY: $55,221 TO $82,832 annually*

*Deadline to apply: September 30, 2011*

Multnomah County Library (MCL) in Portland, Oregon, transforms lives and is
essential to the health and success of the community. We respect the past,
are attentive to the present and are genuinely excited about the future.
We’re a forward-looking library, engaged in and energized by the challenges
and opportunities facing public libraries in the next several years.

We are seeking a dynamic, service-oriented individual for the position of
Library Administrator. The Administrator and Supervisor collaborate to
ensure the smooth operation of the library. They will work closely with the
Branch Leader work group and other internal library teams. All Branch
Leaders play an integral role in planning and developing system-wide
programs for adults and children as well as helping to define and realize
Multnomah County Library’s vision for library service of the future.

The current opening is at the Belmont Library.  The position reports
directly to the Neighborhood Libraries Assistant Director. In addition to
the Administrator, there is also a Supervisor at this library location who
between them, manage a staff of 21 individuals.  The Belmont Library, a
modified Carnegie building of about 5,000 square feet, has one of the
highest levels of circulation and usage for a medium-sized library branch
location*. *For fiscal year 2010-11, Belmont Library's circulation was 977,816
and number of visits was 434,927

*Please note*: Other Neighborhood Library Administrator vacancies occurring
during the next 12 months may be filled from the list established by this
recruitment.

*Experience:     *Three years of increasing responsible library experience
in the areas of reference and reader's advisory, circulation services,
stacks services management, collection development and management, or
library public programming is required. A minimum of one year of lead
(including person-in-charge) or supervisory experience is required *AND***

*Training:         *Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited
college or university.  Masters in Library and Information Science
(MLS/MLIS) preferred.

* *

To learn more about this position or to apply, please visit our website at
www.multcojobs.org.