[Libs-Or] Legal Reference Tips

Laura Orr Laura_Orr at co.washington.or.us
Mon Apr 2 14:06:41 PDT 2012

Greetings:

We can't do as much statewide training as we used to, but we try to make
up for some of that by passing on useful legal reference tips.

And don't forget that Holly Gerber and I still answer legal reference
questions on L-net and we now have a 3rd legal L-net partner, the very
smart and very user-friendly Peter Howard, Reference Law Librarian at
the State of Oregon Law Library (yay, Peter!).

Here are some blog posts you might find useful, but don't hesitate using
L-net or calling on any of us directly for reference or legal collection
development advice. (OCCLL: http://occll.org/)

)
http://oregonlegalresearch.blogspot.com/2012/03/legal-reference-guides-f
or-public.html

2)
http://oregonlegalresearch.blogspot.com/2012/03/agony-aunt-financial-and
-other-advice.html

3)
http://oregonlegalresearch.blogspot.com/2012/03/online-fill-in-blank-ore
gon-estate.html

Our law library assistant, Chrystal Seager, will be at the L-net Summit
and Holly Gerber will be at OLA, and chairing the OLA Legal Reference
Round Table biz meeting, so introduce yourselves and put in your Oregon
Legal Research Blog Post requests. We try to cover legal topics public
librarians get a lot. A "Criminal Justice Research" blog post is in the
works, among others.

Thanks!

Laura

Laura J. Orr