[Libs-Or] Public Library Division Business Meeting

Ted Smith t.smith at newportlibrary.org
Tue Apr 17 14:10:44 PDT 2012

All Public Library Division members are reminded to attend the annual PLD Business Meeting from 5:30 to 6:00 on Thursday, April 26 in Cascade E.   The Public Library Division Board will use this meeting to share ideas and information about the current Standards for Oregon Public Libraries.  As a group, we have asked Emporia State University's School of Library and Information Management to partner with us in learning more about how standards are used and applied in other states.

We have done our best to keep our library standards up to date but changes in technology make it difficult to nail down standards for staffing, space, collection development, etc.    Our research has shown that standards are used in various and inconsistent ways throughout the country and the PLD Board thinks it's time to get a grip on WHY we even have standards.

Don't miss this important informational meeting.

Ted Smith
Director
Newport Public Library
541.265.3109