[Libs-Or] Downtown Librarians Luncheon, August and September

Loftis, Elsa ELoftis at cci.edu
Tue Aug 7 15:06:53 PDT 2012

Hello Downtown Librarians,

I hope you're enjoying/surviving Portland's version of a heat wave, and that this email finds you all well.
I'm writing to announce our next meetings. Unfortunately, we didn't secure a spot for an August meeting (though if you would like to host at your library, there's still plenty of August left, so please send me an email, we are always in need of hosts!).

In the absence of a library to visit, may I suggest that we meet for the Portland Farmer's Market Local Lunch Market at Pioneer Courthouse Square? We can find something wonderful to eat, or bring our brown bags and take in some sun and the scene in the square. I'm not a sun worshipper by any means, but I try to remember how long the winter can feel. We can chat about what's going on at our respective libraries, or any interesting conferences we've attended lately, and so on.
I'll be standing by the statue of the 'man with umbrella' up the stairs at the square at noon, on August 14, which is next Tuesday. I'll wear my Everest College name tag, in case anyone is trying to find me that doesn't know me. Here is the link to the Market info:
http://www.portlandfarmersmarket.org/index.php/markets/pioneer-square/

In September, I am pleased to announce that we'll be treated to a visit and a tour of the Oregon Historical Society's Research Library! Geoff Wexler was kind enough to extend us an invitation, and I'm personally very excited to learn more about their collection. We will be going there sometime during the last two weeks of the month. Please stay tuned for a solid date and time, but keep it in mind, it's sure to be very interesting.

Thank you so much,
Elsa

Elsa Loftis, M.L.I.S.
Everest College Library
425 SW Washington Street
Portland Oregon 97204
eloftis at cci.edu<mailto:eloftis at cci.edu>
503-222-3225

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contains information from Corinthian Colleges, Inc. that is confidential. Employees are reminded of their obligations regarding confidentiality and trade secrets as stated in the Employee Handbook and CCi policies. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. We respectfully demand that you notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and permanently delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited, will cause damage to CCi and may result in legal liability.