[Libs-Or] 2012 ACRL OR/WA Fall Conference - Call for Lightening Talks and Poster Presentations

Robin Paynter robinpaynter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 18:07:55 PDT 2012

The 2012 ACRL OR/WA Annual Joint Conference at Menucha will feature
lightning talks and a poster session presented by conference participants,
and we want your ideas! Our theme this year is* “Libraries Out Loud: New
Narratives of Enduring Values.”* Wherever you are in the library or in your
career – from library student to library director – we want to hear about
your “library out loud.”

*Call for lightning talks*

Quick – you have 5 minutes and 20 slides to give your colleagues from
academic libraries a compelling and creative presentation! Propose an
Ignite-style lightning talk that tells your story – practical or visionary,
funny or serious – about advocacy, change, and the values that define our
profession.

*Call for posters*

Create a poster to share a success story! Propose a poster that conveys how
you used advocacy, marketing, or promotion to gain support or express your
values to the community.

*Submit your proposal*

Please go to the proposal
webpage<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_127301>and
fill out the quick form to tell us about your idea.

*Deadline for submissions is Friday, September 21*

We will review all of the submissions and let you know if you're in by
Friday, October 5.