[Libs-Or] Free Classes at Free Geek in December

Darren Heiber dheiber at freegeek.org
Tue Dec 4 13:10:17 PST 2012

Free Geek is proud to offer a wide range of free classes to the public.
 Our December class schedule is now available online (freegeek.org/classes)
 and via a printable PDF (
http://wiki.freegeek.org/images/c/c1/Current_Classes_Trifold.pdf).  Along
with various other offerings, we have added a new class introducing
students to do it yourself computer-controlled wood mill creation using
parts harvested (reused) from recycled electronics.  Other classes focus on
using free tools to organize your job search while maximizing your chance
to land work, creating digital artwork with introductory GIMP and Inkscape
classes, Internet publishing/best practices and many other excellent
options.

Unless otherwise indicated, all classes require pre-registration. You can
do so by stopping by or calling the Free Geek Volunteer Desk at 503-232-9350.
Classes are free and open to the public; you do not need to be a volunteer
to attend.

_New this month_
DIY CNC Mill
Wednesday 12/26 2:30-4:30
Learn how to create a computer controlled wood mill using parts harvested
from recycled electronics. Students will have a hands-on chance to work
with the materials and understand the underlying concepts behind creating
and using a computer-controlled machine.

Note: This is a trial run of the class, so student comments on content and
teaching methods are appreciated.

Darren Heiber | Free Geek Hardware Grants & Education Coordinator
503-232-9350 x111 | dheiber
<dheiber at freegeek.org>@freegeek.org<dheiber at freegeek.org>