[Libs-Or] Mock Caldecott & Mock Newbery 1 Month Away!!

Rick Samuelson ricks at wccls.org
Fri Dec 7 14:23:16 PST 2012

Hi gang,

I wanted to remind everyone that the Children's Services Division of the Oregon Library Association's 2013 Mock Caldecott and Mock Newbery workshops are just over a month away!  There is still plenty of space available in these workshops.  If you enjoy children's literature and enjoy the fellowship of fellow kid-lit enthusiasts, I heartily encourage you to register without delay.  :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again... these are the most fun workshops of the whole calendar year as far as I'm concerned!

Here are the particulars:

Mock Caldecott Workshop
Saturday January 5th / 9 am - 4 pm
Tigard Public Library / 13500 SW Hall Blvd, Tigard, OR
Cost: $15 for CSD members / $20 for non-CSD members (pays for snacks and lunch)
Registration form: https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_130437

Celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Caldecott Award by attending this entertaining workshop
Features a special hands-on presentation "Meet Art: A Creative Workshop Exploring Caldecott Artists and Their Techniques" presented by Paige Bentley-Flannery of the Deschutes Public Library

Mock Newbery Workshop
Saturday January 12th / 10 am - 4 pm
Wilsonville Public Library / 8200 SW Wilsonville Rd, Wilsonville, OR
Cost: $15 for CSD members / $20 for non-CSD members (pays for snacks and lunch)
Registration form: https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_130845

Rub elbows with real-life Newbery Committee members like Steven Engelfried and Kate Houston.  Hear from Kate as she describes the process of working on the premiere American children's literature book award

Again, if you love kid's books... these are two workshops you won't want to miss!!

If you have any questions at all, I will be happy to answer them.

Happy holidays everybody!!!

Rick Samuelson, Youth Services Librarian
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
111 NE Lincoln, MS 58A
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-9785 5#
ricks at wccls.org

"The clever men at Oxford
Know all that there is to be knowed.
But they none of them know one half as much
As intelligent Mr Toad!"
-Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows