[Libs-Or] Oregon Library Passport Program Update

Eva Calcagno Calcagno at wccls.org
Wed Dec 12 15:15:44 PST 2012

Good afternoon,
I'm delighted to tell you that the Oregon Library Passport Program is rapidly approaching launch!  Other Resource Sharing Committee members and I have been fielding questions from librarians across Oregon and are ready to assist you with How To issues.  Many libraries have already signed up to participate, and others are in the works.  The list of Participants continues to grow.  A website has been set up to share information with Oregon libraries as well as with the public.  www.librariesoforegon.org/Passport<http://www.librariesoforegon.org/Passport>.

In addition, when libraries sign up to participate, the library's contact person is enrolled in a new Passport Program list-serv created to provide a forum for sharing information between libraries.  I have drafted a sample press release (attached) for participating libraries to use in local media to advertise the program.  Please feel free to modify as you see fit.  It will probably get more interest in local news if you add a quotation from your library director or an excited patron, or add an example of the benefits OLPP will provide for your local patrons.

As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Eva Calcagno, Director
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
111 NE Lincoln St., MS-58
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503)846-3233 office | (503)846-3220 FAX
www.wccls.org<http://www.wccls.org/>
https://www.facebook.com/wccls