[Libs-Or] Kindle loan policies for libraries

Esther Moberg emoberg at cityofseaside.us
Thu Dec 13 09:04:01 PST 2012

Hello again Wonderful Oregon Librarians! I'm sure I just missed this discussion but we are looking into creating a policy for loaning out Kindles/Nooks to patrons of our Library. If you currently have a policy at your library, would you please share this with me? I'm looking specifically at how much you charge patrons if the item is lost or damaged, as well as how you handle the loan of an e-reader as opposed to books. Also, if you have specific tips for locking down your accounts on the kindle or nook, that would be helpful as well.
Thank you!
Esther Moberg
Library Director
Seaside Public Library