[Libs-Or] "Books Heal Hearts" - A unique way to help in Newtown

Catherine McMullen cmcmullen at lincc.org
Thu Dec 20 10:36:58 PST 2012

A librarian friend of mine who went to grade school in Newtown, CT has alerted me to a unique way to help the Newtown community. "Newtown has a beautiful library," she says "and has set up a fund, in light of the tragedy at Sandy Hook, called 'Books Heal Hearts'. I hope you'll consider donating to such a worth cause. Peace to you all!".

>From the C.H. Booth Library website: "Books Heal Hearts" (http://www.chboothlibrary.org/BooksHealHearts.php) is a project set up by the Cyrenius H. Booth Library with donations, both monetary and physical books, given in response to the Sandy Hook School tragedy. Books Heal Hearts is a special project for healing that will make materials available for use in our library, our schools, and throughout our community, wherever there is a need and whatever that need may be. This will be an ongoing effort by the library to meet the immediate and future needs of our community.

I thought that maybe some on this email list w ould be interested in this project.

Thank you and Happy Holidays to you all,

Catherine

Catherine McMullen, MLIS
Reference / Access Services Librarian
Canby Public Library