[Libs-Or] SJSU SLIS Hosts Open Houses for Prospective MLIS Students

Nicole Purviance nicole.purviance at sjsu.edu
Wed Jan 4 12:40:02 PST 2012

Open Houses Introduce Online Learning Environment

The San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science
(SLIS) is hosting live open house events during January and February. If you
or someone you know is considering earning a Master of Library and
Information Science (MLIS) degree, the online open houses are convenient
ways to meet us.

The open house events <http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/openhouse/>  are held
online via web conferencing. SLIS faculty and students host the events, and
participants will learn about our nationally-ranked School, our exciting
programs, and how we prepare future information professionals for success in
the rapidly changing field of library and information science. In addition,
current MLIS students will give a first-hand perspective of what it is like
to be an online student in our ALA-accredited MLIS program.
<http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/mlis.htm>

Open house events for our fully online MLIS degree program are scheduled for
January 10 and February 7, 2012, from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Pacific Time. Space
is limited, and advance registration is required.

Click here to RSVP <http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/openhouse/mlisrsvp.html>

Recordings of previous open house events for the MLIS degree program,
Teacher Librarian career pathway, Master of Archives and Records
Administration degree program, and San Jose Gateway PhD program are also
available for viewing on our website. To view recorded sessions when most
convenient for you, please visit: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/openhouse/

As a reminder, applications for admission in Fall 2012 are currently being
accepted. The deadline to apply is April 1, 2012.

The San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science
offers two fully online master's degrees, a fully online certificate
program, and a doctoral program: Master of Library and Information Science
(MLIS), Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA), Post-Master's
Certificate in Library and Information Science, and the San Jose Gateway PhD
Program. Learn more at: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu

For more information about the San Jose State University School of Library
and Information Science, we invite you to explore the following web pages:

Open Houses: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/openhouse/
<http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/openhouse/%0d>

Facebook: http://facebook.com/sjsuslis

MLIS Program: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/mlis.htm

Teacher Librarian Program:
http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/classes/careerpathways/teacherlibrarian.htm

Executive MLIS Program: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/execmlis/

MARA Program: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/mara/index.htm

Post-Master's Certificate Program: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/certificate

San Jose Gateway PhD Program: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/gatewayphd/index.htm

Please share this announcement with colleagues and friends.