[Libs-Or] Update Your Skills in the SJSU SLIS Online Post-Master's Certificate Program

Nicole Purviance nicole.purviance at sjsu.edu
Tue Jul 17 12:09:47 PDT 2012

Keep Your Competitive Edge with a Post-Master’s Certificate

Are you ready to take on the challenges in the rapidly changing field of
library and information science? The School of Library and Information
Science at San Jose State University can make sure you are future ready,
starting now.

Submit your application for the Fall 2012 semester by Friday, August 3, and
you could be on track to earning your Post-Master
<http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/certificate/index.htm> ’s Certificate in Library
and Information Science. Fall semester classes begin August 22.

The fully online Post-Master’s Certificate program features six career
pathways designed for today’s information professionals:

·         Digital Archives and Records Management

·         Digital Services and Emerging Technologies

·         Information Intermediation and Instruction

·         Leadership and Management

·         Web Programming and Information Architecture

·         Youth Services

As a student in our certificate program, you’ll engage in a collaborative,
fully online learning environment with faculty and students in our
ALA-accredited Master of Library and Information Science program
<http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/mlis_mlis.htm> . You’ll complete six courses,
including a one-unit course that introduces our School’s sophisticated
online learning environment and five courses in one career pathway.

With our fully online certificate program, you can fit coursework around
your schedule. And, as soon as one year from now, you could be updating your
education on your résumé!

Apply today! <http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/certificate/admissions.htm>

The San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science
<http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/>  offers two fully online master’s degrees, a
fully online certificate program, and a doctoral program: Master of Library
and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Archives and Records
Administration (MARA), Post-Master’s Certificate in Library and Information
Science, and the San Jose Gateway PhD Program.