[Libs-Or] Seymour Simon Announces New Streaming eBook Program for Children's Library Services

Seymour Simon seymour.simon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:02:46 PDT 2012

I am pleased to announce to my Oregon librarian friends the creation of
StarWalk Kids Media, a new eBook startup co-founded by award-winning
children’s science author Seymour Simon and Liz Nealon, the former Creative
Director of Sesame Street. We are pleased to be able to provide this
important 21st Century literacy tool for educators and families. We're
committed to publishing new and exciting digital books for children by
well-known authors. My friends who are ambivalent about using eBooks to get
children to read are overlooking something very important — the opportunity
to bring back well-written, treasured works that have been allowed to go
out of print. StarWalk Kids eBooks makes those gems available to today’s
digital kids, and we have the opportunity to make timely updates to
nonfiction titles, as well.

The StarWalk collection is tightly curated for excellence, showcasing the
work of award-winning authors and illustrators that educators know and
trust. Familiar and respected names in the StarWalk Kids catalog include
not only Seymour Simon, but also David Adler, Stephanie Calmenson, Joanna
Cole, Doug Cushman, Diane deGroat, Johanna Hurwitz, Kathryn Lasky, Stan
Mack, Doreen Rappaport, Hudson Talbott, Laura Vaccaro Seeger and more. The
library is focused on nonfiction, but will also include fiction from name
brand authors.

Each eBook in the collection has been lovingly adapted and narrated in
preparation for digital streaming via the best-in-class, proprietary
StarWalk Reader™, designed to work on any computer, tablet, smartphone or
whiteboard with a wireless connection.  The entire collection is searchable
by grade, subject, Lexile, and Alphabetic levels, and each title is
correlated to appropriate Common Core State Standards.  All titles are
accompanied by a “Teaching Links” document, with suggestions for
CCSS-appropriate teaching activities and further inquiry developed by
nationally known literacy expert and StarWalk Kids Director of Education
Linda Hoyt.

For further information go to www.starwalkkids.com.

Check on my schedule at <http://goog_1637041591>
http://www.seymoursimon.com/index.php/about_seymour_simon/speaking_schedule/.
Also take a look at the many teacher/librarian resources available for free
on my Webby and ALA award-winning site, www.seymoursimon.com.
--
Seymour Simon
<http://www.seymoursimon.com/>