[Libs-Or] ILS Summit May 8th

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Thu May 3 16:07:39 PDT 2012

We will be holding an informal gathering in room 103 of the  State Library on Tuesday, May 8th from 10:00 to 3:30 pm  to discuss ILS solutions that Oregon libraries are currently using, looking at, considering, or have just signed on to. This will be an information sharing opportunity so please come prepared to share your current situation and upcoming changes. We are primarily focused on public and community college libraries since many of the academic libraries are in the Orbis Cascade Alliance but we welcome everyone.

We will have morning refreshments but everyone will be on their own for lunch. There are several cafes on the Capitol Mall and we are fairly close to downtown. Or, you can brown bag your lunch, we have a soda machine in the basement of the library.

Parking information and directions to the State Library are available here: http://www.osl.state.or.us/directions/  Be sure to bring quarters for the meters.

If you would like to log into the online/phone portion please e-mail me at marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us<mailto:marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us> and I will send you log in/ call in information. We will be using the State's iLinc service.

This is what I'm currently thinking about as an agenda but let's build on this when we meet on Tuesday:

Introductions
Brief Reports
Who is in the market for an ILS?
Who has just moved to a new ILS?
Who is planning long term for a change?
Small Group discussion based on current status
What next, if anything?

Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday.
MaryKay

MaryKay Dahlgreen
State Librarian
Oregon State Library