[Libs-Or] Coffee Connection-May 18th

Maureen Cole mcole at ci.oregon-city.or.us
Fri May 11 09:44:48 PDT 2012

Hi everyone:

On March 30 some public library/consortium directors gathered at Coava Coffee in Portland to discuss issues common to all of our libraries. We had a good time and thought it was very valuable. We decided it was worth getting together again and selected May 18 as our next meeting. This is a reminder to those people who attended the first meeting and an invitation to the rest of you who couldn't make it but really wanted to come. Here's the skinny:

What: a gathering of public library directors or management types to share on issues common to all of us; at this meeting we'd also like to discuss how OLA Annual Conference went
Where: Coava Coffee, 1300 SE Grand Avenue, Portland
When: 8:00 a.m.'ish to 9:30'ish, Friday, May 18, 2012
Why: We think we can learn a lot from each other
How: Push, peddle, paddle, pole-kidding; that's some race they have in Eugene. Get there any way you can; just get there.

http://coavacoffee.com/locations/

BTW, May 18th is the 32nd anniversary of the eruption of Mt. St. Helens! (Thank you, Dan White, for that tidbit)

Cheers, Mo

Our original message from March:

-Are you the head honcho or in management at a small to middle sized metro area public library?

-Would you like to connect with your colleagues more often on issues that are common to all of us, from security to programs to e-books?

-Would you like to talk about how we can help each other more by collaborating in new and old ways?

-Can you spare an hour every so often to share and bond over coffee?

Then join Mo Cole and Abigail Elder at Coava Coffee Roasters at 1300 SE Grand Avenue on March 30 at 8:00 for some fun, interesting, and hopefully stimulating conversation.

Questions?

Contact Mo at mcole at orcity.org