[Libs-Or] Archived Gale Webinars Now Available (What is Library Database?, Finding eResources, Marketing the Databases)

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri May 18 09:26:39 PDT 2012

Several people asked me if any of the three webinars Julie Pepera, a Gale trainer, offered specifically for Oregon library staff this spring would be archived. The answer is yes, and now they are available.

I'm especially pleased that folks can reference the What is a Library Database? webinar at their point of need. Keep this in mind for some library staff, Board members, educators, homeschooling families, and more.

To access the webinars, go to either Gale support site for Oregon libraries (http://galesupport.com/oregon/ or http://galesupport.com/oregonacad/), and click on the top bubble, Training Opportunities, in the column on the right. For a description of the webinars, see this archived message: http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/pipermail/libs-or/2012-February/011384.html.

Need a shorter introduction to a specific database? Try a short guided tutorial: http://www.gale.cengage.com/guidedtour/index.htm.

Have the time but prefer real-time interaction to an archived session? Register for a free national Gale webinar: http://www.gale.cengage.com/webinar/. (Click on Training Webinars.)

All those links are available in the Training Opportunities section on the Gale support sites for Oregon library staff.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CD34D8.5410CD60]

Have a great weekend.

Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
503.378.5011
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us

OSLIS || www.oslis.org
Learn to research. Research to learn.(c)