[Libs-Or] Counter surfaces at checkout desks

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Thu Nov 8 17:41:08 PST 2012

We are having a new desk built for our children's room and we anticipate also being able to redo the desk at the checkout area and are wondering what libraries have found for surfaces for those very busy check out areas.

The green Formica/Wilsonart laminate we put on the check out desk a number of years ago has totally worn down to the brown background material.    I'm wondering if any of you have had success with other surfaces such as marmoleum, linoleum, corian, granite, cement or anything else that can withstand years of books being slid across and wearing it down.

Any testimonials would be appreciated.

Thanks

Leah
Leah M. Griffith
Director,   Newberg Public Library     503-537-1256
[FlatAndrewIllustration_Color copy.jpg]Newberg's
 Carnegie
  Library
1912-2012