[Libs-Or] New Oregon Legal Research (OLR) Website and Reading List

Laura Orr Laura_Orr at co.washington.or.us
Fri Nov 23 12:23:09 PST 2012

Greetings:

I have a couple of new items to announce on the Oregon public law
library front:

1) New OLR website: Our new collaborative Washington and Clackamas
County Law Libraries (and statewide) website went live last week - yay!
It's been a long and interesting journey, which we'll write up one day
soon. Here are links:

http://www.oregonlegalresearch.com/
<http://www.oregonlegalresearch.com/>  (homepage)

http://blog.oregonlegalresearch.com/
<http://blog.oregonlegalresearch.com/>  (Note: the new blog won't go
"live" until the current Blogger blog is fully migrated to Wordpress. We
still have lots of librarian work to do on it (taxonomy decisions,
etc.).)

There is a lot of work for me, Holly (Washington County Assistant Law
Librarian), and Jenn (Clackamas Co. Law Librarian) to do on the website
before it gets its full bearings and strength. Feedback is very welcome.

Note: This new website is not a replacement for our respective, and
official, Washington and Clackamas County law library websites.

2) Public Law Library Reading List: Jenn, Holly, and I, are on a number
of pro bono, self-help, self-representation, access to justice, etc.
local and national professional association committees, so I created a
reading list to help out the non-law librarian and non-librarian members
of our committees who want to learn how public law libraries in Oregon
and around the country operate. Maybe some future law librarians amongst
you will be interested in this reading list as well. We update it
periodically as new reports come out.

Best regards,

Laura

Laura J. Orr