[Libs-Or] Free classes for you and your constituents at Free Geek

Darren Heiber dheiber at freegeek.org
Fri Oct 5 10:25:50 PDT 2012

The Free Geek class offerings continue to expand in October and we'd LOVE
to see you and/or the populations you serve in our classroom.  Our classes
cover a wide range of computer proficiencies and tend to focus on basic
computer skills, workplace readiness, digital art and the online
experience.  Class sizes are small and students receive individual
attention from teachers.  The schedule is available
online<http://www.freegeek.org/about/classes/>and via a printable
PDF<http://www.freegeek.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Oct_12_Class_Brochure.pdf>
.

Notable classes include: Workplace 101, Establishing Yourself Online, Bring
Traffic to Your Website, Introduction to Internet Security, Inkscape 1 (a
free program like Adobe Illustrator), Gimp 1&2 (a free program like Adobe
Photoshop), and Using Windows Programs in Ubuntu (where people learn about
free alternatives to many of their favorite programs and how to get
Windows-based programs on Linux systems).

Unless otherwise indicated, all classes require pre-registration. You can
do so by stopping by or calling the Free Geek Volunteer Desk at 503-232-9350.
Classes are free and open to the public; you do not need to be a volunteer
to attend.

Please contact me if you have any questions,
Darren

Darren Heiber | Free Geek Hardware Grants & Education Coordinator
503-232-9350 x111 | dheiber
<dheiber at freegeek.org>@freegeek.org<dheiber at freegeek.org>