[Libs-Or] Wikipedia Loves Libraries at Multnomah County Library

Lee Catalano leec at multcolib.org
Fri Oct 12 17:18:15 PDT 2012

Hello!

Multnomah County Library is holding a grand experiment during Open Access
Week <http://www.openaccessweek.org/> (October 22-28): We’re hosting a
Wikipedia Edit-athon.  (Read more about edit-athons
here<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_run_an_edit-a-thon>
.)  We were inspired by an excellent webinar from OCLC earlier this summer,
which is available
here<http://www.webjunction.org/events/webjunction/Librarians_are_Wikipedians_Too.html>,
and have connected with some local Wikipedians to work with us.  Our focus
will be writing and editing current “stubs” related to Multnomah County.

Do you have staff or patrons who might interested in joining us at Central
Library?  I’ve attached a flyer that I’d be pleased if you would post.

For more information, click
here<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Portland/Wiki_Loves_Libraries/2012>
.

Wikipedia Loves Libraries: Multnomah County
Edit-athon<http://events.multcolib.org/event/wikipedia-loves-libraries-multnomah-county-edit-athon>

Saturday, October 27.  2-4 pm

Multnomah County Library/Central Library

801 SW 10th Ave.

Questions, comments ... email me please, not the list!

Thanks!

Lee.

*
Lee Catalano