[Libs-Or] Choose from 150 sessions at the Library 2.012 Worldwide Virtual Conference

Nicole Purviance nicole.purviance at sjsu.edu
Thu Sep 27 11:46:57 PDT 2012

Sessions Scheduled 'Round the Clock for Library 2.012

There are 150 presentations scheduled for the upcoming Library 2.012
Worldwide Virtual Conference <http://library2012.com/> , so you better get
some rest now. This global event about the future of libraries in the
digital age is coming up fast, October 3-5, 2012.

With 150 inspiring presentations running 'round the clock in multiple time
zones and languages, how are you going to decide which ones to attend? Take
a look at the conference schedule
<http://www.library20.com/page/sessions-and-schedule>  and put together your
game plan for the start of the conference. We've posted descriptions of the
sessions for your perusal and included links to add the must-attend sessions
to your Google calendar.

This is a great opportunity for professional development. Not to mention the
conference is online and free, so your staff members don't have to travel or
incur any registration fees. You may want to consider streaming the
conference live like the Library and Information Association of South Africa
(LIASA) will be doing. LIASA will be linking to the Library 2.012 sessions
as part of its annual conference happening on October 4 in South Africa!

Last year, we heard that several library directors took advantage of the
online conference, streaming the live sessions at their libraries. Get the
conference room ready now in preparation for a crowd of eager learners at
your organization. Or, if you're an instructor, you may want to have your
students attend the conference sessions as a class assignment.

To join the global conversation on October 3, visit
http://www.library20.com/page/sessions-and-schedule. Once on this page,
choose your time zone and click on the links to the individual sessions.
(Links to the virtual rooms will go live in the schedule when the conference
starts on October 3.) The conference kicks off at 6:30 a.m. Pacific Time and
varies depending on where you live in the world. We understand that you may
need to stretch your legs at some point during the live event, so we will
record all the sessions and post links to the recordings after the
conference.

As a reminder, the conference sessions will be held in Blackboard
Collaborate and can be accessed live from any personal computer. We
encourage you to make sure that your computer is ready prior to the start of
the conference. Click
<http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=833
6&task=knowledge&questionID=1473>  here to check that your computer is ready
to go. "Step 1" will indicate if you have a version of Java that is
compatible, and then "Step 2" will let you go into a test session. If you
experience any problems using the web conferencing platform, you can ask for
help in the WeCollaborate.com <http://www.wecollaborate.com>  user
community.

Help us spread the word! The Library 2.012 Worldwide Virtual Conference is
free to attend, so please let others know about the conference. Last year,
we had almost 10,000 attendee logins, and we'd love to see even more people
become aware of this innovative conference and participate in the
conversation. We've provided logos and badges
<http://www.library20.com/page/2-012-press-media>  that you can add to your
blogs, emails, etc. The Twitter hashtag for the conference is LIB2012.

If you get a chance, please take a moment to thank our partners and
supporters <http://www.library20.com/page/2-012-partners> , volunteers
<http://www.library20.com/group/volunteer-group-library-2-012> , advisory
board members <http://www.library20.com/page/2-012-advisory-board> , and
keynote presenters <http://www.library20.com/page/2-012-keynotes> . It's
because of their support and participation that we can offer the Library
2.012 conference for free.

For more information about the Library 2.012 Worldwide Virtual Conference,
please visit: http://library2012.com

We look forward to "seeing" you next week!

Best regards,

Dr. Sandra Hirsh

Professor and Director

College of Applied Sciences and Arts

San Jose State University

More Information: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/people/faculty/hirshs/hirshs.php

http://slisweb.sjsu.edu <http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/>

Steve Hargadon

Web 2.0 Labs

Email: steve at hargadon.com <mailto:steve at hargadon.com%0d>

Phone: 916-283-7901

More Information: http://www.stevehargadon.com
<http://www.stevehargadon.com/>

http://library20.com <http://library20.com/>

The San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science is a
founding partner of the Library 2.012 Worldwide Virtual Conference. The
nationally ranked school offers two fully online master's degrees, a fully
online certificate program, and a doctoral program: Master of Library and
Information Science (MLIS), Master of Archives and Records Administration
(MARA), Post-Master's Certificate in Library and Information Science, and
the San Jose Gateway PhD Program. Let the learning begin:
http://slisweb.sjsu.edu