[Libs-Or] Library Director Position - Toledo, OR

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 16:25:15 PDT 2013

 I do not work in the City of Toledo but work nearby and let the City
Manager know that I would be happy to send out this announcement to various
library discussion lists.  Toledo is a small town near the Central Oregon
Coast. Since Toledo is not directly on the Coast it does not have as much
of the marine climate and the cost of living is significantly lower.  Just
7 miles inland makes a big difference.  The town is well run with a good
City Manager.  They do have some budget problems, like most small towns but
the library has maintained its funding fairly well over the years.  The
computer network is the Chinook Library Network (wwwchinooklibraries.org),
a Koha system.  Please feel free to ask me any questions for my outsider
views.
**
*City of Toledo*

City Hall, P.O. Box 220, Toledo, Oregon 97391

(541) 336-2247 ext. 211

Job Title: *LIBRARY DIRECTOR*

*The City of Toledo has an opening for Library Director*.

General duties include; plans, manages, oversees, administers and directs
the activities

and operation of the Toledo Public Library. Experience and training
requirement include

any combination of education and experience that has provided the
knowledge, skills

and abilities for a Library Director. Possession of a Bachelors degree is
required.

Masters of Library Science is preferred.

Position salary range is $3288-$4001 in addition to a competitive benefit
package.

Recruitment for this position closes May 2, 2013 at 5:00pm.

Applications and complete job description are available on the City's
website at

www.cityoftoledo.org or at City Hall located at 206 N. Main Street, Toledo,
Oregon.

Questions may be directed to City Manager Michelle Amberg by email

*manager at cityoftoledo.org* or by phone 541-336-2247 x 211.

The City of Toledo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate.

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou