[Libs-Or] Job Openings for On-call Casual Library Technicians (Part-time) at Portland Community College
kevin.edwards at pcc.edu
Fri Aug 2 09:37:12 PDT 2013
*Title: *On-call Casual Library Technician (Part-time)
*Position #: *998467
*Location: *Portland Community College, Portland, OR.
*Open Date: *08/09/13
*Hours: *Varies as necessary (No more than 20hrs a week).
*Department: *Library -- Access Services
*Starting Salary Range: *$10.93 - $19.12 per hour
*Job Close Date:* 08/23/13
The position serves as a key customer service point of contact for the
Portland Community College (PCC) Library. As a member of our On-call Casual
Library Technician pool, the successful applicant will assist with the
delivery of access services and, under the direction of library
supervisors, will provide assistance and technical support to students,
staff, faculty, and community patrons in accessing learning materials and
resources. On-call Casual Library Technicians perform automated processing
of library materials and other duties as assigned.
The position requires well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
to present and exchange technical and complex information. Work results
impact the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of library services
beyond the immediate work section.
Two years post-secondary education providing skills in research, 6-12
months experience in working courteously and effectively with the public,
excellent customer service skills, and collaboration skills as a member of
a team, are required. In addition, successful candidates will have proven
knowledge of, and abilities using, electronic information resources,
Microsoft Office, and other information technologies. Experience with
Millennium III or other ILS is a plus. Casual Library Technicians work on
an on-call, as needed, temporary basis throughout our 4 campuses and must
have good availability, including evenings and weekends, as requested.
We offer competitive wages and a positive team environment committed to
providing excellent customer service. Qualified applicants must submit a
resume and a cover letter, illustrating how you meet or exceed the job
requirements, no later than 08/23/13. Please email your application
materials to: Library.as at pcc.edu
1. Performs general checkout desk duties required of all access services
staff and works in a strong team-based environment.
2. Locates and processes materials using the library’s integrated library
3. Supports work-study students with access services procedures, customer
service, library shelving and stacks maintenance, and inventory procedures,
4. Assists with physical and online searches for lost, missing or claims
5. Brings worn, damaged, or outdated material in need of discard or
replacement to the attention of technical services.
6. Mediates and resolves disputes with patrons concerning fines, missing
materials, or other issues, referring problems to campus supervisors as
7. Responds to complaints about disruptive behavior or facilities and
informs appropriate PCC staff.
8. Helps students, faculty, staff and the public in the use of the
library’s online catalog, media equipment, and other materials.
9. Provides general reference assistance in the absence of a reference
10. May open and close the library, assuming responsibility
for the operation, safety, and security of the library.
11. Contributes to the maintenance of an organized and
attractive environment conducive to academic pursuits.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
*While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an
interview will be acknowledged.*
Kevin Edwards, MLIS, MFA
Library Supervisor -- Sylvania
*Portland Community College | *Library
SY LIB 104
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or