[Libs-Or] Webinar on 9/11 => Common Core State Standards and Public Libraries
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri Aug 9 09:03:18 PDT 2013
Please pardon the cross-posting.
I've been aware of interest from public library staff in learning more about the Common Core State Standards, so I thought some of you might want to know about a free September 11th (12pm Pacific) webinar on that very topic.
Common Core State Standards and Public Libraries
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
* Have a basic understanding of the California Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and why they were adopted (Note: California may be called out here, but ultimately, the CCSS are the same for any state that adopts them, and Oregon adopted them in 2010: http://www.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?id=2860.)
* Know the role public libraries have in assisting schools with the CCSS
* Know the 6 shifts in English Language Arts and Literacy trends for students
* Be introduced to the specialized vocabulary and jargon used in CCSS
* Have three ideas or techniques on collaborating with their school district on CCSS
Oregon presentation on same topic: http://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136
School Library Consultant
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us>
OSLIS || www.oslis.org
Learn to research. Research to learn.(c)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or