[Libs-Or] Seeking assessment tools you've successfully used for Orbis Cascade Alliance clearinghouse

Meredith Farkas mfarkas at pdx.edu
Mon Aug 19 10:30:42 PDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

 An important part of the Orbis Cascade Alliance Assessment Team’s charge
is to support the assessment efforts of Alliance members. To that end, we
are seeking to collect assessment tools that have been used successfully in
Oregon, Washington and Idaho libraries so that we can provide a
clearinghouse of useful assessment tools that all Alliance members can use,
modify and learn from. We shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel.

 We are looking for assessment tools that you have used successfully in
your library in any of the following areas:

   -

   Website assessment (usability testing scenarios/tasks, etc.)
   -

   Instructional assessment
   -

   Library service point assessment (reference, circulation, information
   desks, technology help desk, etc.)
   -

   Collections-focused needs or satisfaction assessment
   -

   Resource Sharing assessment (ILL / Summit)
   -

   Library space assessment
   -

   Internal library operations assessment (staffing, spending,
   productivity, etc.)
   -

   General library assessment to determine patron needs or satisfaction

 If you have used any assessment tools that you’d be willing to share on a
freely-available Alliance website, please visit
https://portlandstate.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_bsFBOirDpzuyWNv<https://portlandstate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bsFBOirDpzuyWNv>where
you can upload and provide information about your assessment tool.

 If you are uncomfortable sharing the assessment tool with your name or
institution attached, you can indicate this on the form and we will leave
that information out.

 If you have more than just a handful of assessment tools to share, please
email me at mfarkas at pdx.edu.

Best wishes,
Meredith

Meredith Gorran Farkas
Assistant Professor
General Education Instruction Coordinator and Social Sciences Librarian
Portland State University Library
mfarkas at pdx.edu
(503)725-4577
http://library.pdx.edu/