[Libs-Or] People counters?

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Tue Dec 10 11:13:52 PST 2013

Has anyone purchased a people counter/foot traffic counter recently that they are very happy with?

Our old Walker Wireless counter bit the dust, and the replacement, a Traf-Sys OmniCounter, turned out to be less than stellar -- the main issue (other than reliability) was that instead of having buttons to check and reset the foot count, it required the use of a magnetic wand, and that didn't work particularly well. We ended up sending it back because we couldn't get reliable data from it.

I'm looking for something very simple to use that is, ideally, battery powered. Any suggestions?

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney
Library Director
Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101, #201