[Libs-Or] Update from Cover Oregon - more Enrollment Fairs

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Thu Dec 19 08:09:47 PST 2013

This announcement was sent to Cover Oregon community partners yesterday ... please note the new deadlines and information about enrollment fairs for those that have received determinations in Bend, Eugene, and Portland.

Oregonians who submitted complete applications by December 4 have a little more time to enroll in private health insurance coverage effective Jan. 1, 2014.

Cover Oregon announced today that these consumers now have until December 27 at 5:00 P.M. to choose a health plan and notify Cover Oregon of their selections, under an agreement reached with insurance carriers.

We know that you are working hard to assist new applicants, and to help private-plan enrollees navigate through the enrollment process. To supplement your efforts, Cover Oregon will be holding Enrollment Fairs in three cities on December 19, 20, and 21. Our hope is that this additional channel for enrollment assistance will allow consumers to take advantage of the extra enrollment time.

If you would like to participate in one of the Enrollment Fairs, please let us know, but we understand that your workload is already heavy.

The Enrollment Fairs will be organized around plan-selection services for those already determined eligible for private plans. As such, there is no need to advertise these widely, but if one of the events is in your area, do not hesitate to send any customer who you know has received a determination for a private plan.

More on the events:

Bend:
Thursday, December 19, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
3075 U.S. 97 Business
Bend, OR 97701
Register here: http://bit.ly/19n5J95

Eugene:
Friday, December 20, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Lane Community College
4000 E 30th Ave, Eugene, OR 9740
Eugene, OR 97405
Register here: http://bit.ly/1bCUCF3

Portland:
Saturday, December 21, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Doubletree Portland
1000 NE Multnomah Street
Portland, OR 97232
Register here: http://bit.ly/1dcaVeP

Customers are encouraged to bring their enrollment packet with them if they've received it, but if they have learned through an email or a call that they are eligible for a private plan, we will still be able to assist them.

Another development gives current OMIP enrollees some extra time as well. The Oregon Health Authority announced today that remaining members of the Oregon Medical Insurance Pool will be moved to a temporary program that will allow them to keep health insurance coverage until they get enrolled in a new plan. More information can be found at: http://www.oregon.gov/oha/OPHP/TMIP/Pages/default.aspx.

Arlene Weible
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
Library Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem OR, 97301