[Libs-Or] FW: Nuts & Bolts for Friends & Trustees (and Foundation and Library Staff too!)

Michele Burke michele.burke at chemeketa.edu
Thu Jan 10 14:20:34 PST 2013

From: Beth Nawalinski [mailto:bnawalinski at ala.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:09 PM
To: Michele Burke
Subject: Nuts & Bolts for Friends & Trustees (and Foundation and Library
Staff too!)

Michele - as president of the Oregon Library Association, I'm hoping you
can help me spread the word about the all-day FREE training session that
United for Libraries will be hosting on Friday, January 25, during the
ALA Midwinter Meeting in Seattle. I'm guessing some library directors
and staff, and perhaps even some Friends and Trustees from Oregon will
be attending the ALA Midwinter Meeting. The session is called, "Nuts &
Bolts for Friends and Trustees, but of course we encourage library
staff, library directors, and those working with library Foundations to
attend as well. Everyone is welcome! Please share with your library
support groups as well as library directors throughout your state.

All that is needed to attend is to register for a FREE exhibits only
badge (follow link below). Attendees will have 90 minutes for lunch on
their own. Coffee will be provided in the morning. We have a fabulous
line up of speakers covering a wide range of topics. We will also have
our very popular roundtables in the afternoon.

Attendees are encouraged to bring examples of materials (membership
brochures, flyers, newsletters, library policies, advocacy materials,
promotional materials, etc.) to share with other attendees. We do ask
people to RSVP to united at ala.org if they plan to attend so we can have
an estimate of the number of people who will be attending.

Thank you in advance for helping to spread the word. The agenda is
attached. More information is available on our website at
http://www.ala.org/united/events_conferences/midwinter, including the
link to register for a FREE exhibits only pass.

Beth Nawalinski

Director of Marketing & Communications

United for Libraries

The Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations

A division of the American Library Association

109 S. 13th Street

Suite 117B

Philadelphia, PA 19107

800-545-2433, ext 2161