[Libs-Or] Mandatory Reporting Sample Policy Available

dan cawley librarybusiness at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 10:53:31 PST 2013

Having read both HB 4016 and DHS doc.4016 several times, one question immediately springs to mind.

Within the definitions of  "public or private official," over twenty occupations are listed (firefighter, optometrist, member of the clergy, etc.).

Neither document contains language using the word library, librarians, library assistant, page, clerk.

In a field so closely connected to children's services, can anyone explain why the draftees failed to include the word library?

This glaring omission is perplexing.

Dan Cawley
Seaside Public Library