[Libs-Or] looking for info on dictaphone reel conversion

Bryan Miyagishima miyagib at linnbenton.edu
Tue Jan 22 14:50:18 PST 2013

Here's a stumper for you,

We received a question today about finding someone with a machine that can
read an old dictaphone reel. According to the patron, the reel is 1" wide
by 10" in diameter. Doing a bit of searching, I came across this ebay
listing for a reel:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-5-Dictaphone-Brushed-Aluminum-Reel-w-Tape-/321057312504?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item4ac081cef8

So I'm guessing that this is the type reel that my patron would like to
have played.

Anyway, if there's anyone who can help, it would be appreciated. I've
already tried the media services department at Oregon State, but they don't
have the appropriate equipment.

Bryan Miyagishima
Linn-Benton Community College Library