[Libs-Or] Library donor plaque or recognition?

Esther Moberg emoberg at cityofseaside.us
Wed Jun 5 11:31:56 PDT 2013

Hello Library land folks, I am researching what other libraries out there typically do for recognizing large donations to the library. This is not for capital campaign funds but just general gifts to the library, especially monetary gifts over $1,000. Do you have a plaque you add names to or do you just send a thank you note and that is it? We have shelving and furniture in the library that we can put small plaques on with people's names but we will be receiving a larger donation and wanted to research what is popular in other libraries for commemorating this type of donation. One suggestion was made of a wall plaque similar to what hospitals have with donors names added over time.
Thank you,

Esther Moberg
Director, Seaside Public Library
Seaside, Oregon