[Libs-Or] how to celebrate the library's birthday

Hill, Cheryl chill at westlinnoregon.gov
Thu Jun 27 17:33:23 PDT 2013

Hi everyone. The West Linn Library will be celebrating our 75th birthday in 2014. We want to use this opportunity to get our name out in the community and have a fun birthday bash. I have several ideas for the event (cake, live band, a giant birthday card for the kids to sign). One thing that works against us is that our actual birthday falls on March 1st which means we can't do anything outside.

I'd also like to do some more long-term things such as a photo exhibit of what life was like in 1939 when the library was founded.

I'm curious what other libraries have done for big milestone celebrations. What worked and what didn't? What would you do differently if you had to do it over?

Thanks!

Cheryl

________________________________

[cid:image8398b2.gif at 49b338ab.9acb4d58]<http://westlinnoregon.gov/e-news>

Cheryl Hill
chill at westlinnoregon.gov<mailto:chill at westlinnoregon.gov>
Librarian
1595 Burns St.
West Linn, OR 97068
P: (503) 656-7853
F: (503) 656-2746
Web: westlinnoregon.gov<http://westlinnoregon.gov>

[cid:image9b1fef.jpg at facf8ba8.15cb4859]<http://westlinnoregon.gov/rss>[cid:imagea1ec15.jpg at 04c99bcc.bd7c4a0a]<https://www.facebook.com/CityofWestLinn>[cid:image9ceb3c.jpg at eb46f417.e2bd4567]<https://twitter.com/WestLinnUpdate>

West Linn Sustainability Please consider the impact on the environment before printing a paper copy of this email.

Public Records Law Disclosure This e-mail is subject to the State Retention Schedule and may be made available to the public.