[Libs-Or] Jane Austen Birthday Celebration & Presentation: 'Pride & Prejudice' as Bibliotherapy

Jennifer Snoek-Brown jsnoekbrown at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 13:12:47 PST 2013

On behalf of the Jane Austen Society of America (JASNA), Oregon & SW
Washington region, I am forwarding on news of the upcoming December
Jane Austen Birthday Celebration, scheduled for Dec. 7, 2013 at the
Holy Names Heritage Center (near Marylhurst University). The
presentation, "I Want My Mr. Darcy:  Using 'Pride & Prejudice' as
Bibliotherapy' will be co-presented by a long-time librarian!

Please see the attached PDF flyer for more info, or scroll through the
email message below.

Jennifer Snoek-Brown  | Faculty Librarian
MHCC Library & Learning Commons

My Dears!

Have you heard? Holy Names Heritage Center is let at last. The Jane
Austen Society of North America Oregon-Southwest Washington Chapter
has taken it for December 7th, 2013 at 1 o’clock in the afternoon. It
is for the celebration of Jane’s 238th birthday and will be a lively
event by all accounts. After our delicious potluck luncheon, during
which we shall enjoy harp music provided by AnnaLee Driscoll, we shall
adjourn for what will be an interactive, inviting audience
participation presentation titled, "I Want My Mr. Darcy: Using Pride &
Prejudice as Bibliotherapy."

Our charming presenters are:

Emily Bergman, MLS, Librarian for 36 years
Alice Bergman, MBS, MA, LPC  therapist and a member of the Jane Austen
Society since 1977

The honor of your presence is requested for the Potluck Birthday
Celebration, December 7 at 1:00 pm, at the Holy Names Heritage Center,
17425 Holy Names Dr., Lake Oswego, OR 97034.

Costumes are encouraged but optional. Everyone will have a chance to
win a delightful basket of goodies, to be raffled off at the end of
the luncheon.

The cost for this event is $15.00 per person and reservations are
required. Please see the attached PDF flyer for RSVP info and address.

Any questions, please email jasna.orswwa at gmail.com or visit the JASNA
Oregon & SW Washington regional website at
http://www.jasna-orswwa.org/