[Libs-Or] Academic Librarian Prof. Dev. Opportunity! Institute for Research Design in Librarianship

Senior, Heidi senior at up.edu
Tue Nov 19 18:59:13 PST 2013

Hello OR and WA academic librarians,

Apologies for cross-posting, but I've just learned of an awesome professional development opportunity for  "novice researcher" academic librarians (novice = who have not published/not presented in/at peer-reviewed publication or conference; poster sessions okay):

Applications are being sought for a nine-day Institute for Research Design in Librarianship, to be held June 16-26, 2014 at Loyola Marymount University. The learning experience, travel to and from Los Angeles, CA, accommodations, and food will be supplied to 21 successful applicants free of charge.

Applications accepted from December 1, 2013 to February 1, 2014.

For details see below, and also the Institute web site, http://irdlonline.org/. If you don't think you can do it this year, the organizers are planning 2015 and 2016 institutes as well.

Best wishes,

Heidi Senior, 2014-2015 facilitator of the Alliance Research Interest Group (A-RIG)*

*The Alliance Research Interest Group<http://www.orbiscascade.org/index/research-interest-group> provides a forum for discussion and development of collaborative research related to all aspects of library work. Membership is open to librarians throughout the Pacific Northwest.
The objectives of this group include 1) Helping each other learn how to do better research and 2) Making more efficient use of our collective resources, thus advancing our individual research interests more quickly.
For more information see the A-RIG wiki: https://nwlibresearch.pbwiki.com.

Heidi E. K. Senior
Reference/Instruction Librarian
Clark Library