[Libs-Or] Cover Oregon update

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Wed Oct 2 09:31:17 PDT 2013

There have been lots of news stories about the roll out of Cover Oregon, but I wanted to make sure folks in the library community were aware of the current limitations on enrollment through the web site.

At this stage, citizens are able to browse for information on the Cover Oregon web site<http://www.coveroregon.com/>, but can register on the site only with the help of a certified agent or community partner<http://www.coveroregon.com/agent/find>. The ability to actually enroll in a health insurance plan will not be available until later in October.

Here is the official statement from Cover Oregon.

Today certified insurance agents and community partners are helping individuals and families
set up accounts and enter information about themselves and their households. Later in October,
Oregonians can determine their eligibility and enroll in the plan that's right for them-either with
an agent or community partner or on their own. And no matter when they enroll between now
and December 15th, coverage starts January 1, 2014. Small businesses will begin enrolling
later in October as well.

I will continue to post the latest news about Cover Oregon on the Libraries and Cover Oregon web site<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/resources/coveroregon.aspx> hosted at the State Library. If you are working with community partners or other local organization to plan library activities around Cover Oregon, please let me know.  We want to continue to draw attention to the important role of libraries in rolling out this program.

Arlene

Arlene Weible
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
Library Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem OR, 97301