[Libs-Or] WashCo Law Library programs

Susan Ludington Sue_Ludington at co.washington.or.us
Fri Oct 25 16:39:33 PDT 2013

The Washington County Law Library is pleased to let the library
community know that we are sponsoring a free program for the public
entitled "All Rise! Take Your Case to Small Claims Court." The program
will feature Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Steve Todd along with
Janay Haas, an Oregon attorney and author of "Using Small Claims Court
in Oregon." These two seasoned speakers will explain how
self-represented litigants can use these "Peoples' Courts" to resolve
some legal matters, discussing such things as court rules, the role of
evidence, using mediation instead of court, and more. Significant time
will also be left for audience questions.

The program will be offered at two public libraries: One will be held at
Multnomah's Central Library this upcoming Monday, October 28th from
6-7:30pm; the second will be at Beaverton City Library on Wednesday,
November 6th from 7-8:30pm.

We've put together a page on our website that includes links to a flyer
(please feel free to print and post!), books/articles, courts, and legal
providers which may prove helpful to library staff. Check it out here:
http://www.co.washington.or.us/LawLibrary/Resources/small-claims-court-r
esources.cfm

We're very excited for these inaugural programs and hope to offer them
at other libraries in the near future. Interested parties are welcome to
contact us at any time!

Sue Ludington
Assistant Law Librarian
Washington County Law Library