[Libs-Or] Honor boxes for paying for friends used books

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Thu Oct 31 16:27:43 PDT 2013

Our Library Friends are moving to a new sales area in our lobby and we'd like to move to an honor system for paying for items rather than having people come to the circ desk, wait in line and then staff have to add up a big pile of magazines, books, dvds etc.   and then run it through the cash register.

Those of you that have transitioned to an honor system with self pay box, how has that worked?   Do you feel you get as much money as before?  Any problems?    I'd like to have some experiences to relate to my Friends group next week.

Thanks for any experience with this you can share.

Leah
Leah M. Griffith
Director,   Newberg Public Library     503-537-1256