[Libs-Or] Release a statement that funding libraries and museums is a core federal responsibility.

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 11:02:51 PDT 2014

There is a We the People petition at http://wh.gov/lduSR that I think you
should sign.

----------------

we petition the obama administration to:Release a statement that funding
libraries and museums is a core federal responsibility.

The current proposed House Budget says "The Federal Institute of Museum and
Library Services is an independent agency that makes grants to museums and
libraries. This is not a core federal responsibility". We would like the
White House Administration to release a statement that having an informed
and literate citizenry and protecting cultural heritage are priorities for
the administration and that funding institutions that contribute to this
work is indeed a core federal responsibility.

http://wh.gov/lduSR

--
*Diedre Conkling*

*Lincoln County Library DistrictP.O. Box 2027Newport, OR 97365Phone & Fax:
541-265-3066Work email**:
**diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org*<diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org>
*Home email: **diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou