[Libs-Or] Applications are open for "Outside the Box" through May 15

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Mon Apr 21 14:09:53 PDT 2014

Greetings,
This came across my inbox late last week and I thought it might be of interest:

Get Involved with Outside the Box!

Developed and funded by Redbox, Outside the Box is an innovative program that brings people together for free, fun entertainment events in their local community. When people connect, communities benefit—and as trusted community anchors, public libraries are central to Outside the Box efforts.

This year, up to 20 U.S. communities will participate in Outside the Box, with the local library driving community brainstorming and planning sessions and hosting events. The program has opened its application process to all interested US public libraries. The application process will be open through May 15th.
Read more and apply for the program >> Get Involved with Outside the Box<http://www.oclc.org/go/outsidethebox.en.html?urlm=168835>
There is a lot more information at the official website so be sure to check it out. See also: http://www.oclc.org/en-US/news/releases/2014/201411dublin.html
Cheers!
Darci
Darci Hanning * Technology Development Consultant * Library Development Services
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR  97301
503-378-2527 darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us>