[Libs-Or] FSU iSchool Call for Participation

Jerry Curry jerry.w.curry at state.or.us
Tue Apr 22 14:22:17 PDT 2014

Forwarded on behalf of the sender.  If interested in participating, please contact her via the information she provides below.

-Jerry Curry
Libs-OR Admin

Subject: FSU iSchool Call for Participation

Hello,

I am a doctoral student at the School of Information at Florida State University. Although I am not a member of Oregon's Library Association, I am inquiring as to whether I (or someone) can post my call for participation to the public library or youth services list serv. I've included the recruitment form as an attachment and described the study below. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Recruitment Information

Let's Facebook It!
Promoting Library Services to Young Adults Through Social Media Study

The College of Communication & Information is seeking research participants to study the professional social media practices of young adult librarians. We are seeking people who are currently employed as young adult librarians in public libraries. In particular, we are seeking participants who are working with social media as professional librarians. We are seeking participants who would be willing to participate in a research survey or interview.

The purpose of this study is to better understand how young adult librarians interact with young adult patrons through their library's social media profiles. Additionally, we will investigate the role(s) young adult librarians see social media as playing in marketing and promotion of library services. We hope to understand the what, how, and why of social media use by libraries and librarians.

This research study is being conducted by doctoral student Abigail Phillips of the College of Communication & Information at Florida State University to learn more about how librarians engage with young patrons through social media. You can reach the researcher to volunteer for a survey and/or interview or to ask for more information about this research study at this email: alp07 at my.fsu.edu<mailto:alp07 at my.fsu.edu>, Florida State University, College of Communication & Information, 142 Collegiate Loop, Tallahassee, FL 32306.

For additional information on your rights as a research participant, you can also contact Florida State University's Human Subjects Committee, Tallahassee, FL 32306, 850-644-8673.

For more information regarding this study, please visit the study website http://abigailleighphillips.com/study-info/ and/or contact Abigail Phillips at alp07 at my.fsu.edu<mailto:lmon at fsu.edu> to schedule to complete a survey and/or schedule an interview. Thank you for your help!
​

Abigail Phillips
Doctoral Student
School of Information