[Libs-Or] How to circulate book with loose inserts? (S. by JJ Abrams)

BCLD Library Director director at bakerlib.org
Mon Apr 28 17:22:11 PDT 2014

I see there are several intrepid libraries are circulating the Abrams/Dorst
concept book "S."(which is issued with 22 loose inserts).

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/nov/13/s-jj-abrams-doug-dorst-review

We at BCLD are unsure quite how to handle it.  I'm hoping my wise & kind
library friends can help.

.         Are there special techniques used to process & circulate such an
item?

.         Does circulating in the slipcover help?

.         Is there a system of tracking the inserts or does one just let the
item fly with the expectation that if it comes back complete, "it was meant
to be, if not.."

Thanks in advance for any good counsel.

As the great Garrison Keillor says, "Be well, do good work, and keep in
touch."

Perry Stokes | Library Director

Baker County Library District | 2400 Resort St | Baker City, OR 97814

o: 866-297-1239 | m: 541.403.0450 | f: 541-523-9088 | e:
<mailto:director at bakerlib.org> director at bakerlib.org