[Libs-Or] Background checks required for a library foundation?

Esther Moberg emoberg at cityofseaside.us
Wed Aug 13 10:16:46 PDT 2014

Hello wonderful Library collective brain,
Could you please let me know if any of your libraries has a library foundation that requires a background check as part of their new foundation member process? My library board raised this question and I couldn't think of any library foundations I knew of that had this as a requirement.
The question was raised because library foundations are typically self-governing although I know that many if they are big enough hand off the accounting to an outside source that they hire (typically an established accounting firm). Because we are smaller and expect that some of the bookkeeping will be done by the foundation board, the question was raised regarding accountability and background checks as a first step.
Any responses would be very helpful.
Thank you,

Esther Moberg
Library Director