[Libs-Or] 2014 OYEA Award!! Send Me Your Nominations Now!!

GLASS Traci L Traci.L.Glass at ci.eugene.or.us
Sat Feb 1 11:05:35 PST 2014

You guys.  I have yet to receive a single nomination.  I know there are awesome teen people out there!  The deadline for this award is March 1, 2014!!  C'mon!!!
As a reminder, here's the information about submitting nominees...

Hi, all!

Do you have an awesome person at your library providing excellent services to the teens in your community?  Now is the time to recognize that person!!  Talk to their teens, write us a letter, and get them nominated!

We are now accepting nominations for the 2014 OYAN You're Excellent Award!  If you know someone that has made a difference for teens, we want to hear about it.  The OYEA! may be awarded to an individual, library, organization, program, or initiative that has made a positive and significant contribution to teens in libraries in the state of Oregon.  The honoree will receive an engraved plaque and a $100 donation to the teen service program of their choice.  If needed, funds are available to ensure that the honoree attends the 2014 OLA Annual Conference to receive the acknowledgement of their peers.

Nominations for this coveted award are open until March 31st.  Please include the following:

 1.  Nominee's name
 2.  Nominee's contact information
 3.  Description of the nominee's positive and significant contributions to teens in libraries in the State Of Oregon
 4.  And any accompanying letters of support (okay to send them separate from the nomination).
Mail or email your letter of nomination and letters of support to:

traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us<mailto:traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us>

or

Traci Glass
Eugene Public Library
100 West 10th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401

Please note that the last three winners have all had at least one letter of support written by a teen from their institution.  Also, we have received multiple, high-quality nominations the last several years and the decision has been difficult.  If you have nominated someone in the past who has not been the recipient of the OYEA! , we highly encourage you to make that nomination again this year.

Thank you!!
Traci

Traci Glass
Teen Services Librarian