[Libs-Or] FW: Volunteer for the Reference Services Section

Abigail Elder aelder at beavertonoregon.gov
Mon Feb 17 08:51:53 PST 2014

Do you want to be active at the national level and aren't sure how to get started? Volunteer to be on a RSS committee!

Most of the committees are eager for new members and there's a wide variety of topics to choose from, including several that aren't limited to a strict definition of " traditional reference", such as services to Spanish speaking, YA reference, evaluation, recognition, etc. Most committees meet virtually throughout the year--- even if you can't attend an ALA conference, you can still be involved.

Let's make sure that Oregon is well-represented in RUSA!

Thanks!
-abigail
(current chair of RSS Library Services to an Aging Population)