[Libs-Or] FTF Program and Meeting Suggestions for the ALA 2014 Midwinter Meeting

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 17:04:26 PST 2014

Yes, I finally put together the usual list of programs and meeting that may
be of interest to you.  It can be found at
http://ftfinfo.wikispaces.com/Conference+Schedules.

I have included some SRRT, FTF, WGSS, GLBTRT meetings as well as other bits
and pieces.

Please let me know if something needs to be added, corrected or changed.

---------------------------------

The SRRT Feminist Task Force (FTF) invites you to attend the Feminist Task
Force Meetings. They are open to everyone. There are many opportunities for
you including serving as an officer (coordinator, treasurer, secretary,
etc.), write something for the newsletter Women in
Libraries<http://ftfinfo.wikispaces.com/Women+in+Libraries>,
help plan programs, share ideas about things you would like FTF to do and
in other ways that you might design for yourself. We are always ready for
new ideas. All FTF meetings and programs are highlighted below.  You can
find out what we are doing on our website <http://libr.org/ftf/>,
wiki<http://ftfinfo.wikispaces.com/>and
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121097054767> group.

The meetings take place:

*Friday, January 24, 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. at the **Loews Hotel - Commonwealth D*

*Sunday, January 26, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m., **Pennsylvania Convention Center -
308*

*            (and those attending may go out to dinner together afterwards)*

*Below are listings for the Amelia Bloomer Project meetings.  *

*Everyone and Anyone is invited to attend any of these meetings.*

This is a list of programs and meetings at the ALA Midwinter Meeting 2014
that may be of interest to FTF members and colleagues. The meetings are in
order by day and time.

The ACRL WGSS is only having one discussion group event at Midwinter on
Sunday, January 26 from 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.  All of their other meetings are
virtual meetings.

COSWL is also not having any meetings at Midwinter.  They had a virtual
meeting in December 2013
*These meeting changes might mean that you have plenty of time to attend
the Feminist Task Force (FTF) meetings at Midwinter.  It would be great to
see many of you at the meetings.*
*Just go here for our schedule information and information about other
meetings that might be of interest:
http://ftfinfo.wikispaces.com/Conference+Schedules
<http://ftfinfo.wikispaces.com/Conference+Schedules>.*
Check out *Women in Libraries
<http://ftfinfo.wikispaces.com/Women+in+Libraries>* for even more
information.

--
*Diedre Conkling*

*Lincoln County Library DistrictP.O. Box 2027Newport, OR 97365Phone & Fax:
541-265-3066Work email**:
**diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org*<diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org>
*Home email: **diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou