[Libs-Or] New Book at the State Library: Reference Guide to Data Sources

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Wed Jul 9 07:49:41 PDT 2014

The following new title is available for interlibrary loan from the Oregon State Library.

[http://www.alastore.ala.org/images/Bauder_RGDS_300.jpg]

Bauder, Julia. The Reference Guide to Data Sources. ALA Editions, 2014. ISBN: 978-0-8389-1227-0.

Description
Much of the most frequently used data can be found free online, but it can be tricky to locate. This book shows readers how to look for it with the assistance of user-friendly tools. The author helps librarians cut through the data jargon and provides hints for providing effective data reference services.

Table of Contents
Available on the LIS Collection Blog: http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/2014/07/reference-guide-to-data-sources.html

If you would like to request this or other materials from the Oregon State Library please use your library's established interlibrary loan process (e.g. OCLC or ALA request form).  Otherwise, send your full name, the name of your library, complete title information, shipping address, and a phone number to the document delivery department at library.request at state.or.us<mailto:library.request at state.or.us> or (fax) 503-588-7119. Items will be checked out to your library, not to you personally, for 4 weeks (print materials) or 2 weeks (videos). Materials will be delivered via mail or Orbis Cascade Alliance Courier, and you may return them the same way. Normally a single copy is purchased and is loaned on a first-come-first-serve basis. You may be put on a hold list for several weeks.

Most library staff are able to use their library's interlibrary loan service to borrow professional development material. However, if you do not have access to these services or are not currently affiliated with a library, please contact me<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us> to discuss alternative options for borrowing the material.

Be sure to check out our Library and Information Science (LIS) blog<http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/> to discover the most recent additions to our LIS collection and search our catalog<http://oregon.gov/OSL/index.shtml> for our complete holdings. The library science collection is meant to support the whole Oregon library community. Library Development welcomes your suggestions for acquisitions - see the blog for an input form or email us!

This collection is supported in whole by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.

Arlene Weible
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
Library Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem OR, 97301