[Libs-Or] REMINDER! Seeking nominations for the OLA Public Library Division Executive Board

Pam North pamn at wccls.org
Tue Jun 10 09:17:02 PDT 2014

One more time...
Pam

From: Libs-Or [mailto:libs-or-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Pam North
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:43 AM
To: 'libs-or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us'
Subject: [Libs-Or] REMINDER! Seeking nominations for the OLA Public Library Division Executive Board

Nominations close on Friday, June 13. I hope to hear from many of you before then!
Pam
Greetings!
The Public Library Division of OLA represents all public libraries in Oregon. The purpose of the PLD is to promote public library service and development, to promote the potential for increasing cooperation among public libraries, to represent the interests and concerns of public libraries in relation to the Oregon Library Association and the Oregon State Library and to develop legislative priorities for public libraries and other issues as may be pertinent to the Division.
We are currently seeking candidates for the PLD Executive Board for the 2014-2015 year. New positions will begin in September 2014 and are open to members of OLA who support the purposes of the Division. We are seeking nominees for two Director-at-Large positions (2 year terms), Secretary (1 year term) and Vice Chair/Chair Elect (3 year term). For more information about the responsibilities of these positions, please visit http://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=227.
Joining the PLD Executive Board is a great way to meet new people and network with public library staff from around the state. Current Board members come from the Oregon coast, central Oregon, the Willamette Valley and the Portland Metro area.
Please contact me (pamn at wccls.org<mailto:pamn at wccls.org>) by June 13, specifying the Board position you are interested in. Remember, you must be a member of OLA and the Public Library Division to be considered. Elections will be held in July.
Looking forward to hearing from many of you!
Pam

Pam North
Library Manager
Sherwood Public Library